Everyone’s favorite dip gets a new modern twist with bacon, YQ by Yoplait™ Plain and fresh spinach for an easy app you’ll make again and again.
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 jar (6 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (5 oz) fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz (half of 8 oz package) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (2/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Crackers, crostini or fresh vegetables, as desired
- Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Place bacon in skillet; cook over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crispy. Drain bacon, reserving drippings, and transfer to paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the drippings in skillet over medium heat. Discard remaining drippings, or save for another use. Add artichoke hearts and pepper flakes to drippings in skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until artichokes are browned on edges.
- Gradually stir spinach into mixture in skillet; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted. Stir in cream cheese until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat; stir in YQ and Parmesan cheese. Top with reserved bacon; serve with remaining ingredients.
- For best results, remove any long stems from the spinach before stirring into the artichoke mixture.
- While any fresh veggies would be great with this dip, our favorites are red bell pepper strips and crunchy romaine leaves.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26 oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 350mg; Potassium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 3g); Protein 8g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Lean Meat, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 0