Bahn Mi Power Bowl
Get all the yummy flavors of the iconic Vietnamese sandwich in bowl form with this fresh, beautiful recipe.
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber, quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- lime wedges
- In medium bowl, mix Sauce ingredients.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add eggs; cook 30 to 45 seconds or until edges of whites are set. Drizzle water over eggs; cover and cook 1 to 3 minutes longer or until yolks are set.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top each with chicken, carrot, cucumber and radishes. Top each bowl with an egg. Drizzle with sauce. Top with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- Save time by purchasing preshredded bagged “matchstick” carrots instead of shredding your own.
- Make it your own! Use brown rice or quinoa instead of the white rice, and use whatever plain cooked meats or veggies you prefer.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26-oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 250mg; Sodium 1010mg; Potassium 470mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 35g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 3 Very Lean Meat, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2