Coconut Chicken Satay
Tender coconut chicken is in reach even on a weeknight with these easy broiled skewers.
- 12 (6-inch) bamboo or wooden skewers
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Coconut
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 12 strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped salted roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Soak bamboo skewers in water 30 minutes. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Place 1/4 cup of the YQ in small bowl; cover and refrigerate. In shallow baking dish, mix remaining YQ, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce.
- On each bamboo skewer, thread 1 strip of chicken. Place skewers in baking dish, and turn to coat in YQ mixture. Cover and refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess marinade drip off; place on foil-lined pan. Discard marinade.
- Place oven rack 4 inches from broiler. Set oven control to broil. Broil chicken 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Transfer skewers to plate, and top chicken with reserved YQ. Sprinkle with peanuts, then sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- No skewers? No problem! While it’s less festive and requires a fork and knife, the chicken cooks up just as well without the skewers.
- The YQ marinade helps tenderize the lean chicken, but don’t leave the chicken in the marinade too long. It will eventually make the meat undesirably soft.
1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 330mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 30g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 4 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 0