Creamy Deviled Eggs
Use YQ by Yoplait™ in this recipe instead of mayonnaise for a rich and creamy twist on classic deviled eggs. These deviled eggs are great with a variety of fun toppings, such as: chopped pickles, bacon, olives, radishes, capers, smoked salmon, jalapeños or chives.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (2/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Slip out yolks into medium bowl, and mash lightly with fork.
- Stir in YQ, water, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, black pepper, salt and red pepper. Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat mixture 30 seconds to 1 minute or until mixture is creamy.
- Fill whites with egg yolk mixture, heaping lightly. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Deviled eggs start as hard-cooked eggs! Here are tips on how to perfect the art of hard-cooking eggs:
- Buy eggs 7 to 10 days ahead of time for easier peeling. This gives eggs time to take in air, which helps separate the membranes from the shell. Heat just to boiling to prevent eggs from cracking. If left to boil, the bubbles toss the eggs around in the pan, which can cause their shells to crack. For the easiest peeling, peel hard-cooked eggs as soon as they are cool enough to handle.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26 oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 190mg; Sodium 130mg; Potassium 70mg; Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 7g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Medium-Fat Meat
Carbohydrate Choices: 0