Classic pancakes get a flavor boost with YQ by Yoplait™ Vanilla. Top with fresh berries and more YQ for an instant hit!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Vanilla (2/3 cup)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Vegetable oil or shortening for griddle
- 2 containers (5.3 oz each) YQ by Yoplait™ Vanilla (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or electric griddle to 350°F. (Surface is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl, beat 1 container YQ, the milk, vegetable oil and egg until well blended. Stir flour mixture into YQ mixture until blended.
- Brush griddle with vegetable oil or shortening. For each pancake, pour or scoop about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until pancakes are puffed and bubbles form on top. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown. Remove pancakes from griddle to serving plate. Repeat with remaining batter. If not eating immediately, remove pancakes to cooling rack placed on cookie sheet. Keep warm in 200°F oven.
- To serve, top pancakes with YQ and strawberries.
- Leftovers? Stack cooled pancakes between sheets of waxed paper. Wrap in foil, and freeze. To reheat, unwrap pancakes and remove waxed paper. Heat on ungreased cookie sheet in 400°F oven 5 to 7 minutes or until hot, or microwave uncovered on High until hot.
- Don't flip 'em more than once! Repeated cooking on both sides toughens rather than browns the pancakes.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Vanilla in the larger 26 oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g); Protein 6g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 8%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Low-Fat Milk
Carbohydrate Choice: 1