Stir up these grain-free pancakes for breakfast when you want a quick and filling meal. Bonus—they’re gluten free, too! Try topping these pancakes with your favorite berry.
- 3/4 cup blanched almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (2/3 cup)
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- Additional coconut oil, for griddle
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or electric griddle to 350°F. (Surface is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on it dance and disappear.)
- In small bowl, mix almond meal, coconut flour and baking soda. In medium bowl, beat YQ, eggs and melted coconut oil with whisk until well blended. Stir flour mixture into YQ mixture until blended.
- Brush griddle with coconut oil. For each pancake, pour or scoop about 2 tablespoons batter onto hot griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until pancakes are browned. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown. Remove pancakes from griddle to serving plate. Repeat with remaining batter. If not eating immediately, remove pancakes to cooling rack placed on cookie sheet. Keep warm in 200°F oven.
- Top pancakes with additional YQ, if desired.
- Don't flip 'em more than once! Repeated cooking on both sides toughens rather than browns the pancakes.
- Cooking Grain Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is grain free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26 oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 85mg; Potassium 65mg; Total Carbohydrate 2g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 0