Quick Skillet Chicken Korma
Turn your boneless skinless chicken breasts into delicious global fare with this quick and easy skillet dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (2/3 cup), stirred
- Cooked rice, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes on first side, without moving, until chicken releases easily from skillet; stir chicken. Stir in onion, garam masala, curry powder, salt and red pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in water; heat to simmering over high heat. Reduce heat; cook 4 to 5 minutes longer, until reduced by half. Remove from heat; let stand 1 minute. Stir in YQ. Serve over rice; top with cilantro.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs work just as well as breasts in this recipe.
- Garam masala is an Indian spice blend that usually consists of cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, peppercorns, bay leaves and sometimes other spices.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26 oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 410mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 30g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 4 Very Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 0