Savory Caprese Bowl
This creamy bowl is topped with all your favorite caprese ingredients—tomatoes, basil, pine nuts and balsamic vinegar—for an easy and satisfying breakfast or snack.
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup quartered multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Spoon YQ into shallow bowl.
- In small bowl, mix tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper. Top YQ with tomato mixture and basil. Drizzle with olive oil; top with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
- An easy way to slice the basil is to stack the leaves, aligning the stems. Roll the leaves together, and thinly slice.
- To toast pine nuts, place them in 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toast 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted. Remove from skillet, and cool until ready to use.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26 oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 330mg; Potassium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 18g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 15%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Skim Milk, 2 Very Lean Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2