Spicy Broiled Shrimp and Chickpeas
This quick, flavorful sheet-pan dinner is a perfect option for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (2/3 cup)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp, tail shells removed
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In medium bowl, beat YQ, honey and salt with whisk. Stir in garlic and 3 tablespoons of the green onions.
- Spray large rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix olive oil, Sriracha sauce and soy sauce. Add shrimp and chickpeas. Toss to coat; pour in even layer in pan.
- Place oven rack 4 inches from broiler. Set oven control to broil. Broil shrimp mixture 4 to 6 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Transfer to serving platter. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon green onions.
- Serve shrimp mixture with sauce and lime wedges.
- Fresh and frozen shrimp are sold by a descriptive size name like jumbo or large, and by “count,” or number per pound. The larger the shrimp, the lower the count. Size and count vary throughout the United States.
- Can’t take the heat? Reduce the Sriracha sauce by 1 tablespoon.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26 oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 160mg; Sodium 820mg; Potassium 380mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 5g); Protein 29g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 4 Very Lean Meat, 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2