Sweet Potato Toast with Kale and Prosciutto
There’s a new toast in town! Instead of bread, fill up on caramelized sweet potato planks topped with leafy kale, savory prosciutto and a tart, creamy sauce.
- 4 (1/4-inch thick) orange-fleshed sweet potato slices, cut lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale leaves, ribs removed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (from 5.3 oz container)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 slices prosciutto, torn into 1-inch strips
- Heat oven to 425°F. Brush both sides of sweet potato slices with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Add kale and onion; toss to coat.
- Divide kale mixture evenly over sweet potato toasts. Bake 4 to 5 minutes longer or until kale wilts slightly.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together YQ, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the lemon juice. Drizzle YQ mixture over each toast, then top with prosciutto.
- Leaving the skin on the sweet potatoes makes the slices sturdier for turning and transferring to plates.
- To take the harsh edge off red onion, place the sliced onion in a strainer, and rinse under cold water 30 seconds, then pat dry before using.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26 oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 260mg; Potassium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 210%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 1/2 Vegetable, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1