Vanilla French Toast Bake
Feeding a brunch-bunch? Try this super simple way to make French toast for a group that doesn’t leave you standing over a hot griddle. The secret ingredient in this make-ahead dish? YQ by Yoplait™ Vanilla!
- 10 slices (3/4-inch thick) French bread
- 1 container (5.3 oz) YQ by Yoplait™ Vanilla (2/3 cup)
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 containers (5.3 oz each) YQ by Yoplait™ Vanilla (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place slices of bread, cut side down, in single layer in dish.
- In medium bowl, beat 1 container YQ, the half-and-half, egg and cinnamon with whisk until well blended. Pour YQ mixture over slices in baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature. Turn each slice over. Cover tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover baking dish. Drizzle melted butter over tops of slices. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until tops are light golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- To serve, top slices with YQ and raspberries.
- Make ahead! Assemble French toast bake the night before. When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator, uncover, flip bread slices one more time, and drizzle with melted butter. Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer than above recipe or until tops are light golden brown.
- Use a serrated bread knife to easily cut bread slices. Discard loaf ends so each slice will readily soak up egg mixture.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Vanilla in the larger 26 oz container.
1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 250mg; Potassium 85mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 9g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 8%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Skim Milk, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2